NutraSourceDI Admission Requirements for All Applicants
NutraSourceDI requires the following for admission:
- Minimum completion of bachelor’s degree granted by a U.S. regionally accredited college/university or foreign equivalent and ACEND-accredited coursework requirements (Didactic Program in Dietetics or DPD) with signed original Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent Statement. Submit copies of your official transcripts and signed Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent Statement upon acceptance to our program.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or better in both overall and all DPD courses.
- Work or volunteer experience in dietetics is preferred, but not required.
- Complete an application for NutraSourceDI through the Dietetic Internship Central Application Service (DICAS), a computer-based method to apply for Dietetic Internships, at http://portal.dicas.org.
- Register for Dietetic Internship computer matching with D&D Digital at www.dnddigital.com, and prioritize NutraSourceDI for matching before the deadline date.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $75.OO (will only accept: cashier’s check; money order; chase quick pay; or credit card with additional 3% fee) payable to NutraSourceRD. Our mailing address is 2679 Route 70, Suite 1A, Manasquan, NJ 08736. Click here for summary of estimated costs and fees associated with our program.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required for the NutraSourceDI application or for the University of Alabama’s master’s program (click here for more information about their program). However, it is encouraged as we recommend taking this exam especially if you are interested in applying at a later date for a master’s program.
- Technology skills and requirements for distance learning include: computer/laptop-preferable; email account; high speed internet; webcam/microphone if not on laptop; headset with earphones; color scanner; printer; smartphone; and Microsoft Office 2010 or a more recent version.
- Cover letter addressed to the program director summarizing why you want to apply to our program.
- Completed NutraSourceDI Supplemental Application Form / Checklist (click here).
- As part of your application, it is required to obtain preceptors / sites and complete the “Preceptor Qualifications” form for the following rotations: Food Service Management-Healthcare, Clinical Nutrition-Acute Care, and Long Term Care rotations. It is encouraged to also obtain your preceptor/site for Community Nutrition, Food Service Management-School Food Service and/or Concentration Area/Staff Relief rotations, but it is not required. For more information about preceptors, click here.
- We would like to know more about you on a personal level, requiring submission of a brief biopic video as part of your application. Click here for directions.
- Complete a DICAS application for NutraSourceDI at http://portal.dicas.org. Submit the required fee of $45 for the first application and $20 for each additional application. Contact customer support directly if you need accommodations or assistance at 617-612-2885 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include all required items in your application for DICAS:
- Personal Statement - must include answering the following questions in 1000 words or less:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- What other information do you consider important for the selection decision?
- Official transcripts from all colleges / universities attended, whether a degree was obtained or not.
- Three letters of recommendation, must include name/contact information for each person
- Signed original Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent Statement from the Nutrition and Dietetics Didactic (DPD) Director
- Supplemental application for NutraSourceDI, found on our website and includes: phone number and email to contact if necessary on Appointment Day
D&D Digital Registration Requirements:
- Register for matching with D&D Digital at www.dnddigital.com, pay the required fee of $55, and prioritize NutraSourceDI for matching before the deadline date of February 15 for Spring match at 11:59 p.m. (CST). See D&D Digital for more information. If you have any questions or need assistance, contact D&D Digital customer support directly at 515-292-0490 or email@example.com.
- We will participate in the second match if we still have openings in our program and prioritize NutraSourceDI for matching, use program code #851, before the deadline date of February 15 for Spring match at 11:59 p.m. (CST).