NutraSourceDI Admission Requirements for All Applicants
NutraSourceDI requires the following for admission:
- Minimum completion of bachelor’s degree granted by a U.S. regionally accredited college/university or foreign equivalent and ACEND-accredited coursework requirements (Didactic Program in Dietetics or DPD) with signed original Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent Statement. Submit copies of your official transcripts and signed Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent Statement upon acceptance to our program.
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for overall and DPD courses.
- Work or volunteer experience in dietetics is preferred, but not required.
- Complete an application for NutraSourceDI through the Dietetic Internship Central Application Service (DICAS), a computer-based method to apply for Dietetic Internships, at http://portal.dicas.org.
- Register for Dietetic Internship computer matching with D&D Digital at www.dnddigital.com, and prioritize NutraSourceDI for matching before the deadline date.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $75.OO payable to NutraSourceRD (will only accept: cashier’s check; money order; chase quick pay; or credit card with additional 3% fee). Our mailing address is 2679 Route 70, Suite 1A, Manasquan, NJ 08736. Click here for summary of estimated costs and fees associated with our program.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required for the NutraSourceDI application or for the University of Alabama’s master’s program (click here for more information about their program). However, if you are interested in applying for a master's program at a later date it is recommend to take the GRE exam.
- Technology skills and requirements for distance learning include: computer/laptop-preferable; email account; high speed internet; webcam/microphone; headset; color scanner; printer; smartphone; and Microsoft Office 2010 or higher.
- Cover letter addressed to the program director summarizing why you want to apply to our program.
- Completed NutraSourceDI Supplemental Application Form / Checklist (click here).
- As part of your application, it is required to obtain preceptors / sites and complete the “Preceptor Qualifications” form for the following rotations: Food Service Management-Healthcare, Clinical Nutrition-Acute Care, and Long Term Care rotations. It is encouraged to also obtain your preceptor/site for Community Nutrition, Food Service Management-School Food Service and/or Concentration Area/Staff Relief rotations, but it is not required. For more information about preceptors, click here.
- We would like to know more about you on a personal level, requiring submission of a brief biopic video as part of your application. Click here for directions.
- Complete a DICAS application for NutraSourceDI at http://portal.dicas.org. Submit the required fee of $45 for the first application and $20 for each additional application. Contact customer support directly if you need accommodations or assistance at 617-612-2885 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include all required items in your application for DICAS:
- Personal Statement - must include answering the following questions in 1000 words or less:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- What other information do you consider important for the selection decision?
- Official transcripts from all colleges / universities attended, whether a degree was obtained or not.
- Three letters of recommendation, must include name/contact information for each person
- Signed original Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent Statement from the Nutrition and Dietetics Didactic (DPD) Director
- Supplemental application for NutraSourceDI, and all required documents saved in one pdf document to upload in the DICAS supplemental section. You must includes your phone number and email to contact if necessary on Appointment Day.
D&D Digital Registration Requirements:
- Register for matching with D&D Digital at www.dnddigital.com, pay the required fee of $55, and prioritize NutraSourceDI for matching before the deadline date of February 15 for Spring match at 11:59 p.m. (CST). See D&D Digital for more information. If you have any questions or need assistance, contact D&D Digital customer support directly at 515-292-0490 or email@example.com.
Second Round Match Instructions:
If NutraSourceDI has open spots following the first round match, interested applicants may apply to the second round match as of 11:00 a.m. (CST) on April 11, 2019.
Second round match applicants must follow these instructions:
- Before you submit your application, you must ensure you meet our program criteria for admission by thoroughly reviewing our website. In addition, we require a 3.0 Science GPA, or better, for the second round match.
- You must apply through DICAS to be considered and may use your prior DICAS application on file. Next, you must choose our program, NutraSourceDI, attach three references, personal statment, DPD courses and grades, work and volunteer experience, supplemental documents, and pay applicable DICAS application fee of $20. If you need additional assistance, contact DICAS at 617-612-2885.
- Download our Supplemental Application Form/Checklist. For the second round match, it is not required to submit a biopic video. Obtain at least two of the required preceptors and submit the completed Preceptor Qualifications forms. Pay the non-refundable $75 application fee by debit or credit card plus 3% processing fee by emailing the fee to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The program may choose to conduct either a phone or video platform interview.
- Applications will be considered in the order they were recieved, which is why it is important to submit your DICAS application as soon as possible after 11:00 a.m. on April 11, 2019.
- Applicants who applied to the NutraSourceDI internship program by the February 15, 2019 deadline should not reapply.
- You will be notified of our decision to offer you a spot in our program either by phone or email, using the information you listed on your Supplemental Application form. You will not be notified if you were not offered a spot.
- If you do not accept our offer immediately, your spot is not guaranteed.
- Our DICAS portal will close when we have filled all of our available spots.
Contact the Program Director, Rosemarie Fenchel, if you need additional information at email@example.com or call the office at 732-223-0225. Due to the volume of emails or calls, you may not receive an immediate response.