NutraSourceDI Admission Requirements for All Applicants
NutraSourceDI requires the following for admission:
- Minimum completion of bachelor’s degree granted by a U.S. regionally accredited college/university or foreign equivalent and ACEND-accredited coursework requirements (Didactic Program in Dietetics or DPD) with signed original Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent Statement. Submit copies of your official transcripts and signed Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent Statement upon acceptance to our program.
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for overall and DPD courses.
- Work or volunteer experience in dietetics is preferred, but not required.
- Complete an application for NutraSourceDI through the Dietetic Internship Central Application Service (DICAS), a computer-based method to apply for Dietetic Internships, at http://portal.dicas.org.
- Register for Dietetic Internship computer matching with D&D Digital at www.dnddigital.com, and prioritize NutraSourceDI for matching before the deadline date (number 851).
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $75.00 payable to NutraSourceRD. We will only accept: cashier’s check; money order; ACH Bank Transfer; or credit card payment (with additional 3% fee). Please e-mail Emily Witman, Program Assistant, to request the NSDI Applicant Payment form. Click here for summary of estimated costs and fees associated with our program.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required for the NutraSourceDI application or for the University of Alabama’s master’s program (click here for more information about their program). However, if you are interested in applying for a master's program at a later date it is recommend to take the GRE exam.
- Technology skills and requirements for distance learning include: computer/laptop-preferable; email account; high speed internet; webcam/microphone; headset; color scanner; printer; smartphone; and Microsoft Office 2010 or higher.
- Cover letter addressed to the program director summarizing why you want to apply to our program.
- Completed NutraSourceDI Supplemental Application Form / Checklist (click here).
- This program requires 5-preceptors, one for each onsite rotation. Preference will be given to potential interns who have all of their sites and preceptors secured. However, don't let that hinder you from applying. You can apply to our program even if you have one preceptor secured and we can help assist site location once accepted into the program (please note it does remain to be the interns responsibility to locate a site and preceptor). As part of your application, you can use this form to obtain preceptors “Preceptor Qualifications” form For more information about preceptors, click here.
- We would like to know more about you on a personal level, requiring submission of a brief self-video as part of your application. Click here for directions.
Supplemental Application Requirements:
Please send all the below to email@example.com by February 15th 11:59PM (EST)
- Submission of Applicant Video
- Cover Letter address to program director
- Completed Preceptor qualifications form for all preceptors secured
- $75 Application Fee payable to NutraSourceDI (please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain form)
- Complete a DICAS application for NutraSourceDI at http://portal.dicas.org. Submit the required fee of $50 for the first application and $25 for each additional application. Contact customer support directly if you need accommodations or assistance at 617-612-2885 or email@example.com
- Include all required items in your application for DICAS:
- Personal Statement - must include answering the following questions in 1000 words or less:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- What other information do you consider important for the selection decision?
- Official transcripts from all colleges / universities attended, whether a degree was obtained or not.
- Three letters of recommendation, must include name/contact information for each person
- Signed original Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent Statement from the Nutrition and Dietetics Didactic (DPD) Director
D&D Digital Registration Requirements:
- Register for matching with D&D Digital at www.dnddigital.com, pay the required fee of $55, and prioritize NutraSourceDI (number 851) for matching before the deadline date of February 15, 2021 for Spring match at 11:59 p.m. (CST). See D&D Digital for more information. If you have any questions or need assistance, contact D&D Digital customer support directly at 515-292-0490 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Second Round Instructions:
If NutraSourceDI has open spots following the first round match, interested applicants may apply to the second round starting at 11:00 AM CT on April 6, 2021
Second round applicants must follow these instructions:
- Before you submit your application, you must ensure you meet our program criteria for admission by thoroughly reviewing our website. In addition, we require a 3.0 Science GPA, or better, for the second round.
- You must apply through DICAS to be considered and may use your prior DICAS application on file. Next, you must choose our program, NutraSourceDI, attach three references, personal statment, DPD courses and grades, work and volunteer experience, supplemental documents, and pay applicable DICAS application fee of $20. If you need additional assistance, contact DICAS at 617-612-2885.
- Download our Supplemental Application Form/Checklist, which is available here. For the second round application, it is not required to submit a biopic video. Obtain at least one of the required preceptors as described in our Admission Requirements, and submit the completed Preceptor Qualifications forms (if this is not possible due to the short time frame, please discuss it directly with the program director). Pay the non-refundable $75 application fee by ACH transfer or credit card (plus 3% processing fee) by emailing our Accounting Manager, Matthew Kries, at email@example.com.
- Once your application is received, the program may choose to conduct either a phone or video platform interview.
- Applications will be considered in the order in which they were received. This is why it is important to submit your DICAS application as soon as possible once the second round officially begins.
- Applicants who applied to the NutraSourceDI internship program by the February 15, 2020 deadline should not reapply.
- You will be notified of our decision to offer you a spot in our program either by phone or email, using the information you listed on your Supplemental Application form. You will not be notified if you were not offered a spot.
- If you do not accept our offer immediately, your spot is not guaranteed.
- Our DICAS portal will close when we have filled all of our available spots.
Contact the Program Director, Christa Brown, if you need additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 732-223-0225. Due to the volume of emails or calls, you may not receive an immediate response.