Becoming an RDN
In order to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), the following is required:
- Minimum completion of a bachelor’s degree granted by a U.S. regionally accredited college/university or foreign equivalent and ACEND-accredited coursework requirements (Didactic Program in Dietetics or DPD)
- Signed original Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent from your DPD Director
- Completion of 1200 hours of supervised practice through a dietetic internship program (such as NutraSourceDI), Coordinated Program in Dietetics or an Individualized Supervised Practice Pathway (ISPP) through an ACEND accredited program
- Pass the CDR credentialing exam for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists; and
- Obtain a state certification/licensure, if applicable in your state
- Effective January 1, 2024, a master’s degree is required to be eligible to take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists. See CDR’s information sheet on their website here.
If you are seeking the dietetic internship route to become eligible for the CDR credentialing exam for RDNs, NutraSourceDI is your answer! Please watch our Virtual Open House to learn more about our program.
See our admission requirements (click here) for more information.